The Shih Tzu breed with small size and big eyes needs regular and compulsory grooming to maintain its profuse, luxurious double coat.
Their unique hair type requires special attention to maintain the coat's health.
This brings us to the question of which dog shampoo to choose when grooming Shihtzu for your client.
Due to their sensitive skin, using the wrong dog shampoo or conditioner can strip their natural oils from their coat, leading to dryness and itchiness.
Some shampoos may also cause allergic reactions or irritation to their skin. On the other hand, using the right shampoo and conditioner can help promote healthy skin while keeping their fur shiny and soft.
In this blog, we look at some top-quality dog shampoos and conditioners you can use to groom Shitzu.
Before that, let's quickly understand the hair type of this most admired breed, Shihtzu.
Different types of Hairs of Shihtzu
Shihtzu have a long, double-layered, dense, silky coat. They have a topcoat, which is long and silky. Their undercoat is much shorter and coarser.
Shihtzu have continuous and faster hair growth, which can become matted and tangled if not groomed correctly.
Types of Hairs of Shihtzu
1. Straight Hair
Shih Tzus have a straight hair type that falls straight down from their body and has no curls or waves. This coat type is relatively easy to maintain and can be shaped into beautiful cuts.
2. Wavy Hair
Some Shihtzu have loose waves that fall freely from their skin. This hair type can be prone to tangling and needs regular brushing to prevent matting.
3. Curly Hair
This third type of coat is tight curls and is highly prone to tangling and tight knots. Regular brushing and smoothening shampoo and conditioner are necessary to maintain a tangle-free healthy coat.
Factors to consider when choosing a Shampoo and conditioner
When choosing a Shampoo for your services, keeping in mind the luxurious experience you wish to serve your client, there are several factors that you need to consider, such as
Skin: Shihtzu has sensitive skin, which makes it essential to choose gentle shampoo.
Coat: Different shampoos and conditioners are formulated for different coat types.
Hair: Shihtzu has different hair types, making choosing a type-specific shampoo.
Dandruff: Look if the Shih Tzu's coat has dry flakes or itchy skin. In that condition, it is best to use an oatmeal-rich, moisturizing shampoo
Allergies: Lastly, examine the coat for red bumps or rashes. If found, use shampoo free from allergens, fragrances, or dyes.
Top Shampoo and Conditioner for Shihtzu
1. Hydra Professional Odour Neutralizing Pet Shampoo
Every professional's absolute choice, infused with Salon-grade ingredients to give your client's pet a luxurious dog grooming experience.
Made specifically with an ideal pH balance to get a soft, hydrated, and shiny coat for Shihtzus.
- Oatmeal extracts relieve itchy, dry, and sensitive skin.
- Shampoo contains raw ingredients and has no use of harsh chemicals.
- It partially opens the hair cuticles, eliminates dirt, and prolongs the durability of the bath.
- Get free delivery across India and a 7-day replacement on buying from ABK Grooming.
2. Hydra Professional Flash Active Deep Conditioner for Pets
Formulated for professionals for quick hydration of the coat. The conditioner contains a blend of Coconut, Argon, and Sesame oils incorporated with Vitamin E for moisturizing the skin and coat of Shihtzu.
- Thermos- protective action formula to prevent heat damage.
- It Contains collagen, which reduces frizz and conditions.
- Promotes soft and sleek coat finishing.
- Professional grade ingredients.
3. Hydra Professional Pet Spa Senses Serenity Pack, 7 Piece Dog Bathing Kit
Hydra brings you the Serenity Pack, containing a complete bathing kit.
With visibly enhanced shine, touchable softness, and long-lasting fragrance, give your client's Shih Tzu and all other breeds the best grooming experience.
- The spa kit contains shampoo, conditioner, mixing bowl, spatula, fortifying booster, serum, and cologne.
- Professional-grade ingredients for amazing results.
- Includes the essence of nature.
- Contains raw ingredients and no harsh chemicals in the making.
4. Bio-Groom Natural Oatmeal Soothing Dog Shampoo
Recommended shampoo by top professional groomers worldwide is most effective on skin and coat. Oatmeal provides a natural remedy for allergies, and hot spots, further hydrating the skin.
- 100% biodegradable source of coconut oil.
- Excellent antioxidant source.
- Rinse out quickly, leaving the coat with a fresh smell.
- Soothing for pets in case of rashes or heat bumps.
5. Forbis Mild Olive Shampoo For Dogs
A refreshing shampoo for Shihtzu with dry skin. It contains high-quality aloe that nourishes the coat and soothes sensitive skin. The most amazing feature of Forbis mild olive shampoo comes in the active components that help preserve smooth hair.
- Contains Aloe vera and heat-active ingredients.
- Natural and organic products for gentle washing.
- Preserves shine with rich hydrating features.
6. Groomers Goop Glossy Coat Shampoo
With rich formula, it volumizes the hairs while healing the skin and coat of Shihtzu. It features a rich foam and quicker rinse time. Super gentle and effective on the skin due to natural active ingredients.
- Thick, rich formula forms a thick lather.
- Highlights colors and moisturizes the coat.
- It Contains vitamin E and aloe vera to nourish the skin.
- Non-toxic. Proven to be gentle on the skin of small pups.
Tips for bathing a Shihtzu
- Brush the Shihtzu to untangle the fur and remove dead fur.
- Damp the furry properly, as the thick coat takes time to get wet. Remember to close their ears and nose when you increase water pressure. Keep switching between high and low-pressure water.
- Wash the fur with shampoo, massage it, and cleanse it to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Rinse the lather well because if any shampoo is left on the skin, it can cause skin infections.
- Apply conditioner if required.
- Rinse the conditioner properly.
- Wipe the dog's body using microfiber or other smooth towels.
- Use a hair dryer to dry their coat completely.
- Brush them again to untangle the thick fur.
- Follow grooming steps like cleaning ears and trimming nails.
Choosing the optimal quality shampoo and grooming tools will help ensure that the dog's coat is healthy and well-maintained.
Using high-quality shampoos benefits the pets in your care and reflects positively on your professional reputation.
Clients trust that you have their pet's best interests in mind, and using high-quality products shows that you take your job seriously and are committed to providing the best care possible.
Furthermore, high-quality shampoos are often more effective, requiring fewer washes to achieve the desired results. This not only saves time but also helps conserve resources and reduce waste.
The global pet grooming industry will reach USD 2.5 billion in ten years.
However, there is no guarantee of authenticity as many of these tools available don’t serve their purpose correctly. Markets are filled with bad quality and unoriginal grooming tools having low durability and inefficient finish.
For a seamless grooming experience, you need original high-quality tools with longer life and efficient functioning. ABK Grooming brings you some of the best top-quality global products for higher durability and optimal performance used by some most trusted pet professionals.
Shop these premia imported grooming products and tools only from ABK Grooming. With over 3000+ products from over 30+ international brands, we ensure that pet groomers get the original high-quality tools and products.