There will be 2 competition classes Freestyle and All Pure Breed. We will provide grooming tables subject to availability. Limited bathing facilities will be available on site during show hours. Class description can be found here. The Competition Schedule can be found here.
There will be an optional Competitors Meeting Thursday night at 6 pm. All are welcome (and encouraged) to attend. Meet the judges and ask questions about the rules and grooming.
ENTRY FEES AND PRIZES:
There will be 2 official classes: All Pure Breed and Salon Freestyle.
Entry fees for these classes are All Pure Breed Rs 2500/- Salon Freestyle Rs 2500/-. All placements (1st-3rd will receive a medal and a prize. Minimum values for the prizes will be:
Salon Freestyle: To be declared
All Pure Breed: To be declared
**Changes and/or cancellations of your contest entries are subject to a Rs 500/- administration fee. No refunds or changes permitted after October 5th.
Equipment: We will provide with tables and arm subject to availability.
Bathing/Prepping: There is VERY LIMITED bathing facilities on site, during show hours. We will have a bathtub, tables and velocity dryers for your use. Please bring your own shampoo and towels.
Acceptable Growth for all Regular Classes: 6 weeks growth and preferably no visible pattern is recommended, however the judges recognize that some coats grow more quickly than others. Adequate coat, therefore, will be defined as follows: all dogs should have sufficient coat to allow the groomer to make a distinct change in the dog’s appearance.
COMPETITION DOG QUALIFICATION
- Must be of an age appropriate for competition. Although each dog is individual, the suggested appropriate age is between approximately 1 year and 10 years.
- Must appear healthy, in good condition and free of infectious disease and parasites
- Must not show obvious signs of pregnancy or nursing
- Must not show signs of viciousness or aggression
- Must be under control at all times
- Must not be left unattended
- Must be properly crated and cared for with food, water and exercise while on the show premises.
- Must be leashed when not crated or not being groomed
- Dogs should be clean, dry, and free of mats and tangles. Nails should be clipped and/or filed, and ears clean. Sanitary and pads may be clipped prior to competition.
- Decorative objects such as bows and scarves are not permitted with the exception of acceptable show ring applications such as those that are applied to the Maltese, Yorkie and Shih Tzu. (Except Freestyle Class)
- Hair extensions provided they are of the same coat color of the dog are permitted and may be applied prior to the competition time frame.
- Product such as sprays and styling gels may be applied prior to or during the competition time frame. Hair spray is limited to only “freshening up” once time is called. Re-shaping such as that done on a show Poodle head piece may not be done once time is called.
Confirmation that dog is entered in correct class, has sufficient coat growth and evaluate preparation, time frame by size, breed or technique, and correct division. Determine if pattern is pre-set, and notation of specific information such as, but not limited to: ear infections, missing coat, moles, scars or injuries.
A 15-minute mandatory break will take place during the competition. Contestants have the option to either proceed as a group to the designated break area or remain in the ring to relax. Assistants may be present to move dogs for groomer inspection or hold them while the groomer uses the bathroom. Any discussion with regards to dogs or grooming is prohibited, and could be construed as coaching. No grooming or styling of any kind is permitted while on the break.
Contestants should remove hair, tools and equipment from the grooming table. A comb should be placed on the table. Contestants may comb their dogs after scissors down, prior to and after judging. Contestants should stack and present their dogs to the judges.
- The overall uniformity of the trim; it should look like it grows that way and not applied upon the dog
- The overall balance, symmetry and style of the trim
- For all pure breed dogs, the adherence to the acceptable breed profile and standard.
- For Freestyle classes, the ability of the groomer to create the best possible profile for the dog chosen according to his/her body type, coat and structure
- For scissored dogs, the plush overall appearance without scissor-marks and proper technique
- All clipper lines should blend and show no definition or marks
- Edges such as in the cocker foot or poodle foot should show neat and tidy bevels
- The difficulty with regard to the amount of coat removed, whether pattern is created or followed, difficulty of the coat type, texture, quality and quantity and how the stylist achieves the ultimate trim
- The difficulty with regard to correcting conformation faults and accentuating profile attributes
PLACEMENTS & AWARDS
The judges will choose 3 placements in each of the classes, provided sufficient eligible competitors are entered. The judges’ decisions will be final and binding. Awards will not be withheld unless there is a specific disqualifying factor.
All placement winners are required to have a Win Picture taken with the Class Judges by our official photographer. All other competitors desiring photos are encouraged to do so.
Professional image, conduct, skill, application
- Contestants late for any class will not be permitted to compete if the contest has started and will forfeit any class entry fees.
- All contestants must provide their own dogs and equipment.
- Coaching from ringside is forbidden. Violators will be disqualified from the competition and the offending spectator(s) will be asked to leave the showground.
- Professional manner and attitude, and good sportsmanship must be maintained at all times.
- Contestants must maintain a safe styling station, practice kind and safe handling techniques, and dogs must not be left unattended at any time.
- Contestants must apply technical skills with safety. Nicks, cuts and clipper irritation are considered unsafe technical applications.
- Professional conduct should also be carried into the care and responsibility of your contest dog at the event venue, hotel grounds, rooms and property.
- Appropriate grooming attire and shoes must be worn at all times (open toe shoes not permitted).
- All grooming equipment must be removed from the ring after the class competition unless you are in the next competition.
WARNINGS AND DISQUALIFICATIONS
Contestants may receive warnings or notifications of unprofessional behavior to include, image, conduct, skill application, unsafe grooming station, handling etc. a second warning could result in dismissal from the class. A third could result in dismissal from the show.
The India Groom Show Committee and IJA Judges reserve the right to make final decisions in resolving any issues that may arise that are not covered by the rules.
Any grievance or complaint regarding a contestant, judge or audience member must be filed with the competition ring steward and/or show management immediately following the incident.
In the event a competitor wishes to challenge the eligibility of another competitor or their dog, verbal protest must be made to the head ring steward prior to the start of the class.