WELCOME TO INDIA GROOMING SHOW 2023
Be a part of making history - Compete in Biggest Regional Dog Grooming Competition.
WHERE – CIDCO Centre, Vashi Mumbai
WHEN – Wednesday 22nd February , 2023
WHAT - Showcase your talent in the ring; demonstrate your passion and do your thing!
ABK and the Indian panel of Judges (past winners of IGS Competitions & Certified Master Groomers) are excited and proud to invite groomers to compete at the India Grooming Show, Wednesday 22nd February 2023, ABK will host India's Biggest Regional Dog Grooming Competition Event. Come out and be a part of making history.
All For The Love of DOGS!
If you like to style and snip
This promises to be an event you won't soon forget
We groom for the love of pets
Competitions for you to show your style
Make pet lovers and judges everywhere look in awe and smile
For IGS, creativity is all you need
So, bring your clippers and your sheers
Round up your friend’s and other groomers too
Show the audience, what you can do
The Sky Is the Limit, When You Put Your Heart in It"
INDIA GROOMING SHOW
SALON FREE STYLE CLASS DESCRIPTION
Let Your Creativity Run Wild with a Mixed Breed or Pure Breed. This class is dedicated for the groomers of mixed breeds and pure breeds who dare to be different! This class is all about styling pure breeds to look like other breeds and to make mixed breeds look like a pure breed or use a combination and create your own style. Includes pure breed not styled according to the individual breed standard. All mixed and pure breeds are allowed. All dogs must be free styled.
There will be two competition classes Salon Freestyle Novice class and Salon Freestyle Open Class
SALON FREESTYLE OPEN CLASS GROOMING COMPETITION
Entry fees :
*Regular Price - INR 6,500/-
*PPGAI Members Special Price - INR 5,500/-
SALON FREESTYLE NOVICS CLASS GROOMING COMPETITION
Entry fees :
*Regular Price - INR 5,500/-
*PPGAI Members Special Price - INR 4,500/-
**Changes and/or cancellations of your contest entries are subject to a
Rs 500/- administration fee. No refunds or changes permitted after Wednesday 22nd February , 2023.
SALON FREESTYLE OPEN CLASS COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY
- Open for all groomers
- Groomers over 2 years of grooming experience will need to compete in the Open Class.
- SalonFreeStyle Novice Class Competition Eligibilty
- Groomers must either be certified groomers or have a minimum of 6 month of grooming experience.
OPEN CLASS GROOMING COMPETITION PRIZES
NOVICE CLASS GROOMING COMPETITION PRIZES
COMPETITION DOG QUALIFICATION
- Must be of an age appropriate for competition. The suggested appropriate age is between approximately 1 year and 10 years.
- Must appear healthy, in good condition and free of infectious disease and parasites
- Must not show obvious signs of pregnancy or nursing
- Must not show signs of viciousness or aggression
- Must be under control at all times
- Must not be left unattended
- Must be properly crated and cared for with food, water and exercise while on the show premises.
- Must be leashed when not crated or not being groomed
- Dogs should be clean, dry, and free of mats and tangles. Nails should be clipped and/or filed, and ears clean. Sanitary and pads may be clipped prior to competition.
ACCEPTABLE GROWTH FOR ALL SALONFREESTYLE CLASS
6 weeks’ growth and preferably no visible pattern is recommended, however the judges recognize that some coats grow more quickly than others. Adequate coat, therefore, will be defined as follows: all dogs should have sufficient coat to allow the groomer to make a distinct change in the dog’s appearance.
IGS will provide with tables and grooming arm during the competition subject to availability.
There is VERY LIMITED bathing facilities on site, during show hours. We will have a bath tub, tables and velocity dryers for your use. Please bring your own shampoo and towels.
PRODUCT APPLICATIONS FOR SALONFREESTYLE CLASS
- Decorative objects such as bows and scarves are not permitted with the exception of acceptable show ring applications such as those that are applied to the Maltese, Yorkie and Shih Tzu.
- Hair extensions provided they are of the same coat color of the dog are permitted and may be applied prior to the competition time frame.
- Product such as sprays and styling gels may be applied prior to or during the competition time frame. Hair spray is limited to only “freshening up” once time is called. Re-shaping such as that done on a show Poodle head piece may not be done once competition time is up.
Once the contestant is in the ring before the start of the competition the judges will evaluate the competition dog.
The judging panel documents the following about competition dogs.
- Amount of coat growth.
- Amount of pre-set coat growth pattern
- Missing coat, ear infection, etc
PRE JUDGING CONSIDERATIONS FREE STYLE
Competitors are evaluated on the preparation of the competition dog.
- Skin and Coat Care - Coat freshly shampooed and dried, brushed, combed, and free of matts. Skin appears healthy, free of any skin irritations.
- Hand stripped coat clean and dry, free of chalk and other products. Skin appears healthy, free of any skin irritations.
- Ear Care - Ears cleaned. Ear hair, if any, clean and not matted. The area around the ear canal opening trimmed if required. No other trimming permitted.
- Foot Care - Hair between the pads, if applicable for the breed, can be trimmed. Toenails trimmed and filed with a well-maintained appearance. No other trimming permitted.
- Sanitary Care - Area around the rectum, genital, and stomach, if applicable, trimmed. No other trimming permitted.
Competitors will be given 120 mins (2 hours ) to groom the dogs.
A 15-minute mandatory break will take place during the competition. Contestants have an option to either proceed as a group to the designated break area, or remain in the ring to relax. Assistants may be present to move dogs for groomer inspection, or hold them while the groomer uses the bathroom. Any discussion with regards to dogs or grooming is prohibited, and could be construed as coaching. No grooming or styling of any kind is permitted while on the break.
Contestants should remove hair, tools and equipment from the grooming table. A comb should be placed on the table. Contestants may comb their dogs after scissors down, prior to and after judging. Contestants should stack and present their dogs to the judges.
Judge will evaluate the following: Balance, symmetry, uniformity and mastery of the trim. Contestants will be evaluated on the mastery of above criteria while showcasing each dog according to his/her body type, structure and coat. For scissored dogs, this evaluation includes creating a plush overall appearance without scissor marks, unevenness or unintended protruding coat, for handstripped and/or carded dogs, proper technique to achieve smooth and natural appearance, and all clipper work should be smooth and free of irritation. Difficulty will be evaluated with regard to the amount of coat removed, coat type, texture, quality and quantity, and the overall design or style chosen.
JUDGES EXPECTATION FOR DOGS
- During the competition, the dog should be on the grooming leash and helps to have if your dog is well-trained as well.
- Dogs should be clean and groomed.
- Nails, teeth and ear hair should be clean and trimmed before the competition.
- Under pad and sanitary area should be neatly trimmed.
- Avoid having stains on the dog's coat, especially around paws and eyes.
- Make sure your dog doesn’t have any skin infections and your dog is vaccinated before the competition.
- The dog should have a coat with at least six weeks of growth that is beautifully conditioned and free from mats.
- Ensure that your dog is fed, watered and exercised so it will be perfectly relaxed in the arena.
- Carry a small bowl of water for the dog if they are thirsty / dehydrated.
- Once the competition time is done, make sure that you keep your tables clean, and no equipment should be kept on the table.
- Keep a steel comb for the judging panel to check the dog once the competition time is over.
- Contestants late for any class will not be permitted to compete after 10 minutes of the contest start and will forfeit any class entry fees.
- Professional manner and attitude and good sportsmanship must be maintained at all times.
- All contestants must provide their own dogs and equipment.
- Coaching from ringside is forbidden. Violators will be disqualified from the competition and the offending spectator(s) will be asked to leave the showground.
- Contestants must maintain a safe styling station, practice kind and safe handling techniques, and dogs must not be left unattended at any time.
- Contestants must apply technical skills with safety. Nicks, cuts and clipper irritation are considered unsafe technical applications.
- Professional conduct should also be carried into the care and responsibility of your contest dog at the event venue, hotel grounds, rooms and property.
- Appropriate grooming attire and shoes must be worn at all times (open toe shoes not permitted).
- All grooming equipment must be removed from the ring after the class competition unless you are in the next competition.
WARNINGS AND DISQUALIFICATIONS
Contestants may receive warnings or notifications of unprofessional behavior to include, image, conduct, skill application, unsafe grooming station, handling etc. a second warning could result in dismissal from the class. A third could result in dismissal from the show.
The India Groom Show Committee reserves the right to make final decisions in resolving any issues that may arise that are not covered by the rules.
Any grievance or complaint regarding a contestant, judge or audience member must be filed with the competition ring steward and/or show management immediately following the incident.
In the event a competitor wishes to challenge the eligibility of another competitor or their dog, verbal protest must be made to the head ring steward prior to the start of the class.
WHO IS ABK?
Visit : https://www.abkgrooming.com/pages/who-is-abk
MEET THE JUDGES
WHAT'S NEXT? HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit : https://forms.gle/X4JKrjrtsSJCug788