Contestants must bring competition dogs to IJA check-in station to confirm registration and receive table assignment before each class start.
- IJA opens check-in station 60 minutes before the competition begins.
- Contestants must complete all check-in procedures before entering contest ring.
- Contestants will be assigned a table after completion of check-in procedures.
- IJA closes check-in station 15 minutes before the competition begins.
- Contestants must complete check in 15 minutes prior to the start of the competition.
- Competitors not checked in within the required time frame cannot compete.
The following information must be confirmed to qualify competition dog during prejudge time frame. Competition dog:
Must be competition dog age
- Mature enough but young enough to enjoy a competition
- Suggested age approximately (1) one year to (10) ten years.
- The responsibility of the competitor to determine if a dog is healthy enough.
- If found during check-in or during a competition, an age of the dog is affecting the safety of the dog, a judging panel will notify the competitor to discontinue competition.
- Must be in compliance with applicable vaccinations for city, state or country hosting competition.
- Must show no signs of obvious pregnancy or nursing.
- Must appear healthy, free of infectious diseases and parasites.
- Must be physically able to stand on grooming table for competition time frame and judging.
- Must show no signs of aggression or viciousness.
- Must be on safety lead or safety loop when not in a crate.
- Must be under control and may not be left unattended while on the grooming table.
- Must be properly crated and cared for, with food and water, when left in a secure holding area, hotel room or other accommodations.