Golden Retrievers are a beloved breed known for their friendly and affectionate nature and beautiful, wavy coats. These dogs are often used as therapy and service animals and are also popular as family pets.
However, with their thick and fluffy coats, Golden Retrievers require regular dog grooming to maintain their healthy appearance.
Golden Retriever's coat comprises two types of hair: the topcoat and the undercoat. The top coat has stiff guard hair acting as a shield from dirt and repelling water, and the innermost layer has soft fur, and its purpose is insulation.
The thick coat of hair proves to be unfavorable at times by making them prone to be affected by a skin disease that goes unnoticed for a long time if proper care is not taken and for that.
The golden’s thick fur has a high chance of getting hot spots that can be sensed by excessive licking and scratching. The undercoat of its fur stores heat, retaining humidity and increasing the chances of skin infections and diseases.
Grooming a Golden Retriever requires patience and the right tools, including a slicker brush, a pin brush, and a metal comb. This will also help to distribute the natural oils throughout the coat, keeping it shiny and healthy.
1. Hydra Professional Moisturizing Pet Shampoo
- Contains natural ingredients
- No harsh chemicals
- Oatmeal extracts
- Long lasting scent
The Hydra Professional moisturizing shampoo is best for the golden retriever as it has all the factors that are to be considered before buying a pet shampoo and the natural ingredients of this shampoo will soothe and help cleanse the fur of sensitive goldies. The extracts of oatmeal make it the best one that hydrates and moisturizes the skin making it properly nourished.
2.Forbis Aloe Shampoo for Dogs with Long Coats
- No harmful chemicals
- Aloe extracts for soothing
- Preferable for dogs with long and thick fur
- Natural ingredients
The Forbis Aloe Shampoo for Dogs with Long Coats has natural extracts of aloe, which is known for relieving itching, protection from UV damage. Aloe consists of proteolytic enzymes that break down dead skin cells and prevent diseases. This shampoo is perfect for golden retrievers as it is known for its untangling fur feature considering hair density. No harmful chemicals are used, making it absolutely safe for the furry animal.
3. Bio-Groom Wild Honeysuckle Skin Soothing AloeVera & Chamomile Shampoo
- Contains honeysuckle extracts, Aloe vera, and chamomile extracts ● Contains soy protein
- Paraben free
- Natural ingredients
The Bio-Groom Wild Honeysuckle Skin Soothing Aloe Vera & Chamomile Shampoo is an apt pet shampoo for the because of honeysuckle extracts that reduce inflammation and protect the skin. Chamomile extracts restore shine and are known for their soothing properties. This is also a great shampoo.
4.Forbis Mild Olive Shampoo For Dogs
- Contains Aloe extracts
- Mild shampoo
- Olive extract and coconut oil
- Rich and hydrating shampoo
The Forbis mild olive shampoo is best known for its hydration element, it contains coconut oil. Moreover, the olive extracts in the shampoo make it shine and be full of volume. This shampoo is best if the golden retriever seems to have sensitive skin. It contains the best ingredients to foster healthy fur growth.
Below mentioned are the perks of the best shampoos for your golden retriever
Hydra Professional moisturizing shampoo
● High-performance result
● Signature fragrance
Forbis Aloe Shampoo for Dogs with Long
● Prevents tangling in coats
● Soothing ingredients
Bio-Groom Wild Honeysuckle Skin Soothing
● Soap free
Forbis mild olive shampoo
● Mild shampoo
● Heat active ingredients
- Brush your golden retriever to untangle the fur and remove dead fur.
- Damp the furry properly, as the thick coat takes time to get wet. Remember to close their ears and nose when you increase water pressure. Keep switching between high and low-pressure water.
- Wash the fur with shampoo, massage it, and cleanse it to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Rinse the lather well because if any shampoo is left on the skin, it can cause skin infections.
- Apply conditioner if required.
- Rinse the conditioner properly.
- Wipe the dog's body using microfiber towels or other smooth towels.
- Use a hair dryer as a treat for natural sunbathing.
- Brush them again to untangle the thick fur.
- Follow dog grooming steps like cleaning ears and trimming nails.
The global pet grooming industry will reach USD 2.5 billion in ten years.
However, there is no guarantee of authenticity as many of these tools available don’t serve their purpose correctly. Markets are filled with bad quality and unoriginal grooming tools having low durability and inefficient finish.
For a seamless grooming experience, you need original high-quality tools with longer life and efficient functioning. We bring you some of the best top-quality global products for higher durability and optimal performance used by some most trusted pet professionals.
Shop these premia imported dog grooming products and tools only from ABK Grooming. With over 3000+ products from over 30+ international brands, we ensure that pet groomers get the original high-quality tools and products.