Don’t throw colour on animals -Have a Cruelty-Free Holi :) !!
Pets are a part of your family, understood. You choose to make them a part of your celebrations, understood. But many do not understand the grave effect which the celebrations might have on them.
Most dog owners feel that as long as they use dry colours on their pets, there’s no harm. But the truth is, the presence of lead, which acts as an accumulative poison, makes these colours a high-risk material for pets. Inhalation of colour powder may cause nasal irritation and possibly respiratory allergy or infection.
Pet parents also need to know that most dogs get paranoid when you rub colours on them, since it very often gets into their eyes and nose, making them very uncomfortable.